Third generation Oscar winner? Check. Richard Avedon muse? Check. Accomplished director? Check.
Not to mention s stunning beauty who flies in the face of Hollywood aging convention. She looks properly her age. Which isn’t to say she hasn’t had work done, but who am I to speculate? And quite frankly, as long as she doesn’t look freakishly smooth (she is 61, after all), I don’t care if she gets a little collagen bump or two.
“I’ve never been the kind of actress whose sole interest was sex appeal, so I think that earns you some longevity.”
She uses her status for good, recording a PSA for PETA encouraging Hollywood to stop the use of great apes in film and television. PETA named her their Person Of the Year in 2012.
“There were times when I hated my nose. But you grow up & start to recognize that maybe it wasn’t a bad thing that you weren’t born Barbie.”
Oh, & can we talk for just one darn second about her love scenes in Smash? HOMINA.
“Age is not enviable in America. It’s not applauded all that strongly. You have to take it all with a grain of salt.”
After losing her husband suddenly four years ago, she’s in no rush to jump into another relationship. Starlets, take note!
“Where there is age there is evolution; where there is life there is growth.”
What can we learn from Anjelica Huston?
- Accept your age! I’ve been struggling with that a little bit lately, but clearly it can be done with grace and extreme style.
- Play against your type. Allow the unexpected.
- Split gracefully & love forever. Even though her long-term relationship with Jack Nicholson ended after 16 years, she still speaks fondly of him.
- Make bold choices. Ms. Huston chooses scripts she is passionate about to direct, and the same can be said for her style.
- Avoid drama & have a good time!
What do you think of Anjelica Huston’s style? Do you have an icon that you think is amazing? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!