Friday! Friday! Let’s waste some time together!
For your bod:
- Comparisons of different dry shampoos, from Be Healthy, Be Beautiful. (Ottawa blogs represent!)
- Another way to make pore strips (not vegan!) from Petit Elephant.
- From The Guardian, style lessons from silent movie stars. How great is Louise Brooks’ bob? Clara Bow’s shoes?
- I’ve tried some of these: 22 uses for Vaseline from Beautiful With Brains.
- Ooh, pretty shrinky-dink silhouette pendant necklace tutorial at Paper & Stitch.
- Also from Paper & Stitch, a $6 & 30 minute dress. Yes please!
- From Men’s Health, jump start your day with a ten-minute fat blaster. I can make ten minutes in the morning for this!
- Lumi shows us how to use their Inkodye to make a great bangle bracelet.
- Eee! Spring nail trends! Thanks, Refinery29!
For your mouth:
- Mmph. Zoe Bakes makes homemade vanilla extract.
- There’s an obsession in this house with cake in a cup (pronounced cakittycup). Nutella Mug Cake from Babble. Thanks, jerks.
For your brain:
- From The Gloss: Actually, We’re All Kind of the 1% (& How to Not Be a Jerkface About It).
- From Gawker: Homeless By Choice. I kind of want to punch this guy.
- From Erin Farrell Photography: “Your Camera Takes Really Nice Pictures“. Such an insulting phrase, such a well-thought-out response.
- Teenager kicked out of school for wearing women’s clothes. Boo, Govan High School. From Daily Mail.
- A great resource list on how to educate yourself without paying for higher education from High Existence. Don’t become part of the 99% who are crazy in student debt!
For your soul:
- Remember when I wrote about five ways to love yourself? The mistress of self-love, Louise L. Hay, has 12 great ways to do so!
- Of course, if you don’t believe you are worth it, it’s hard to love yourself (from Medicinal Marzipan).
- From The Glamorai: Malibu Dreamin’. (Here’s how to make your own cinemagraphs like in that post!)
- From My Modern Met: How Do You Stay Creative?
- Need to chill? Do nothing for two minutes.
- One of my goals for 2012 is to like my body. Jessica Mullen has a post on how she’s making friends with her body.
For your heart:
- From Oh Happy Day, I am totally having a party where we crack confetti eggs on each other’s heads. Amazing.
- A year of pre-planned dates. So beautiful. Following In My Shoes inspired me!
For your home:
- From More Design Please, a beautiful DIY doily lamp!
- Similar, but with string, from Ruffled.
- How beautiful is this leather belt flooring from Probably Best?
- An amazing apartment renovation from Desire to Inspire.
- Oh man I totally make games of cleaning my house. From Be More With Less.
- I love vintage cake stands like the one in this tutorial from Rock N’ Roll Bride.
For your purse:
- Thrifting tips from Delightfully Tacky.
- 25 uses for around-the-house things from Elle.
- From Sadie Magazine, get the most out of your coffee grounds.
- Although the advice is from a photographer to other photographers, Jesse has a great post on things he learned last year about running his business.
- From Rock ‘n’ Roll Bride: Barbie & Ken Finally Get Married.
- From VisualDNA, a visual personality test. Quizzes! (There’s a reason I used to love Cosmo.)
- All kinds of quizzes from YouBeauty!
- Measure the length of your relationship in Kardashians.
- The Idea Swap. Type in an idea. Swap it. Repeat until your boss comes around.
Have a great weekend, baby! Fun stuff coming next week – don’t forget to add me to your RSS reader or “like” my page on Facebook!