It’s the first Lunchtime Lookup of 2012! Hooray!
Here are some things to distract you this Friday! I hope I don’t get you into trouble at work, but there’s lots of stuff to look at!
For your bod:
- Dollar Store Crafts has the instructions for a simple stash-busting crochet scarf – seriously, you guys, it’s so easy! I’m making one right now!
- From The Gloss, how to get your stocking seams perfectly straight!
- I’ll be the first to admit I haven’t tried this, but from Refinery29: how scotch tape can make your eyeliner perfect. Would you put scotch tape near your eyes?
For your brain:
- Mother Jones has a roundup of their top 10 long reads of 2011.
- Amanda turned me on to Couture Noir. Wow. She has pink hair! Great!
- From The Freedom Experiment, how about writing a TA-DA list?
- Little Dreamers by Dara Scully. House bear. Oh yes.
- Music nerds + Google Street view = Street views of famous album covers. (From Vice.)
- I really want to read It Chooses You by Miranda July (the rest of my wishlist is here), but in the meantime Mighty Girl has picked out the best bits.
- The Grindstone with eight ways to tackle your Monday.
For your home:
- AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! PAINTINGS OF CATS IN CLOTHES! AMAZING!
For your mouth:
- BraveTart makes champagne marshmallows. OH DEAR YES.
- Super-simple & amazing roasted root vegetables from Vegan Reira.
- Fig streusel cake from Seitan Is My Motor.
- ANIMALS TALKING IN ALL CAPS is quickly becoming a new favourite blog of mine! Here’s the ultimate “we need a break” response!
(David Bowie/Phillip Glass x Aphex Twin)Heroes=Love
The history of glitter!
Okay, I know we’re past New Year’s Eve, but I love Zooey Deschanel + Joseph Gordon-Levitt? I mean, come on, okay?
DANCE WALKEN DANCE. (I know, so old, right? BUT STILL.)
The Mountain Goats. Always & forever. Love.